Sunday, December 04, 2005

Birthday Box

When I reached the mature age of One, my grandfather gave me a set of wooden cubes that he'd painstakingly handcrafted since the day he heard he soon would become a grandfather. The cubes were beautifully crafted and pedagogically came in several different sizes. Obviously, I thought they were a complete bore and didn't give them any attention what so ever.

Initially.

As the batteries gradually ran out on the blinking, flashing other toys, my attention slowly turned to the wooden cubes. I soon realized the alternatives were endless and developed a fascination for testing what could be built and what would instantly tumble to the floor. The parquet flooring never looked the same, but those wooden cubes did enable me to establish a genuine interest in construction and architecture. Something my grandfather in all his windom probably intented in the first place, the old engineer..

Now, to many of you this may seem a trifle irrelevant, and in all honesty it most probably is.
My main point is, I'm just glad I'm in good company..

1 Comments:

Blogger mbolo said...

Jag vet inte riktigt var jag ska börja..
Ser ju så fruktansvärt skönt ut, och grym cykel du skaffat. Kan tänka mig hur det känns att glida runt på de ballongdäcken ner till stan..

Hoppas svensk-festen blir kul ikväll. Ringer dig ikväll när jag kommer hem så kan i komma ikapp lite. Vi firar med regn & byggarbeten här i London och jag förstår inte logiken i att flytta till kalifornien. Vi har sämre levnadsstandard, sämre väder och till högre pris. Inget dåligt kinderägg det inte. Oj vad många önskningar i ett & samma paket..

Paps skippade Irland & K-club förresten, men det verkar som om gammal-benzen är på gång ut.. Det finns en gud!

10:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home